Faithless “Muhammad Ali”





"Y'know what? Skinny lickle * me, started to strut, ten years old
Suddenly bold cause I resolved to live like my hero in the ring"
...
"Seen like, not before or since, A young prince
An I remain convinced of his invincibility, athletic agility
Virility, still a free spirit. Forever through eternity
Stingin' like a bee...
Muhammad Ali"
...
"Came when I saw you rappin' on my TV screen, float
Like a butterfly that describe my walk to school
After fight night, I felt so cool
Cause I was the greatest, too
Love of self born simply out of love for you
An I knew someday people'll love me too
None of the hecklin' about my black skin got through
I woulda walked barefoot through hell for you
It's how I felt back then an I still do so will you
Accept these humble words of praise
And my gratitude for those glorious days
And meritorious ways instilled in a young mind
Skills sublime
Yours to mine"

 
Faithless “Muhammad Ali
* little

Populární příspěvky z tohoto blogu

"Malcolm X: The Great Photographs" (Stewart Tabori & Chang, 1993)

„Black Manhattan“ James Weldon Johnson (Da Capo Press, 1991)